Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Audio Books on Itunes

I am downloading my first purchase from Itunes right now. It’s the audio version of V for Vendetta. I am curious how close it is to Alan Moore’s original graphic novel verses the movie which I still haven’t seen. I heard from a lot of people that it stuck very close to the source material. I also heard that Alan Moore, who is no fan of the movie industry (and who would be after what they did to “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”?) has criticized them for dumbing it down. Supposedly he talked about it on a BBC show, but I haven’t been able to find it on the internet. The BBC site won’t let you view it outside of the UK and the source I heard it from had it up on YourTube but it now says the movie was taken down by the poster.

I haven’t downloaded anything before because I like having a physical, tangible item that I can actually hold in my hands. But I am not able to get any unabridged audio books here in Australia. They do sell them they are just hideously expensive.

One thing that really annoyed me is when I went to create my account it has me enter all my personal information and then at the end when I’m entering my credit card’s billing address I find that it is defaulted to the US. So I click the “out side the US link” and pick Australia and it resets the whole thing! I’m back at the Itunes home page. I can understand that the Australian home page is different from the US home page, prices are probably different, etc. But why do I now have start over with the whole account creation thing? And even if there is some really good reason why it couldn’t keep the information I had already entered before passing me to the Australian site, which I don’t believe couldn’t be worked out if they were willing to do the work and code it, WHY THE HELL DIDN’T THEY ASK ME WHAT COUNTRY I WAS IN TO START WITH!!!

Hey! It’s almost done. Bye!

No comments: