Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2008 Aurealis Awards

The 2008 Aurealis Awards website went live recently. As you may remember I was a judge last year on the Fantasy Short Story panel.

This year in what can only be defined as "poor judgment" they decided to make me the Convenor for the new Best Illustrated Book/Graphic Novel category. I think they may have gotten the impression that I know something about them from the shelves and shelves of them that I own.

There are actually two new categories this year, Best Illustrated Book/Graphic Novel and Best Collection/Anthology. They replace the Golden Aurealis Awards which were "Best of" awards that really didn't seem to fit anymore.

It was really fun last year though I did get a little behind in my reading toward the very end. I'm really looking forward to reading all the stuff this year.

No comments: