Sunday, May 15, 2005

We Are Having a Baby!

"Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit."
-Bill Cosby


So at the end of my previous post I hinted and some new information I was withholding. Well now its time to actually tell you what all that was about. While I was writing that post Connie, my wife, took a pregnancy test and it came back positive! She had taken one in the very early hours of the morning but it gave an invalid result. She had been on pins and needles all day. Now of course she had to be dragged away from playing World of Warcraft on the computer to go to the store to buy a new test, but pins and needles none the less. You may think she is going to beat me for saying that. But you have to understand that’s what I love about her. How many of you wish that when your significant other comes in at 4 AM to yell at you for still being logged in and playing; that instead she was sitting right besides you and logged in herself? Yeah you’re right; she will still probably beat me.

I’ll go ahead and answer your next question for you too. Yes, if he is a boy he will be named Joseph Benjamin Hewitt V. Connie says she thinks she is going to be a girl in which case her name will be Rachael Cariana Hewitt. Cariana is a combination of Carol, her mother’s name, and Diana, my mother’s name. Connie thought that one up, I like it.

Connie will be going to the doctor later this week to get the official medical take on it and I’ll keep you informed.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!

Jamie said...

That's great! Congrats and best wishes and all that stuff!