Sunday, May 01, 2005

Time Traveler Convention

MIT is holding a Time Traveler Convention on May 7th, my Mother’s birthday. There isn’t any significance tied to the fact that it is my Mother’s birthday. I just happened to realize that as I was typing and remembered that I still haven’t sent her present off yet.

Anyway… the convention:
The Time Traveler Convention
May 7, 2005, 10:00pm EDT
(08 May 2005 02:00:00 UTC)
East Campus Courtyard, MIT
42:21:36.025°N, 71:05:16.332°W
(42.360007,-071.087870 in decimal degrees)

http://web.mit.edu/adorai/timetraveler/

They want to spread the news around as much as possible to get the details embedded into our culture so that far into the future when time travel is made possible the travelers will know where and when to go.

I wanted to add something here about the new conjugation of the verb ‘to be’ that Douglas Adams came up with in “The Restaurant at the End of the Universe” but don’t have a copy here with me in the land down under nor can I find it on the web. But lets just say that in the future they want people to say, “Hey did you hear about that MIT Time Traveler Convention back in 2005? We should go, it will have been great!”

I remember in Jr. High School thinking that if later in life I was able to travel back through time I would come visit myself right then. But even now I don’t remember exactly what day that was. I later thought that if I did travel back in time and visit myself I might change something that would then cause me not to be able to travel back in time. And if I was traveling through time obviously whatever trials and tribulations I had gone through were probably worth it to get to that point. But then again maybe all time traveling will get you is a sofa stuck on your stairs.

No comments: