Monday, June 07, 2010

Highborn doing GREAT!

Supposing you haven't been following me on Twitter or Facebook, Highborn is indeed out and doing great! We have gotten some wonderful reviews!
5 out of 5

Highborn by Jet Set Games is a fantasy turn-based tactical strategy and combines some of the best aspects of the genre's top alumni with a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek comedy. The creators aren't above a bit of fourth-wall action and bless them, they've even included the infamous Wilhelm scream - if that can't win you over, then you might be a bit dead on the inside.
-App Spy
And in response to somebody, whose name I won't mention, that said my dialog was overdone and hurting the game:
When characters clash the banter that results is consistently hilarious and peppers the 9 campaign missions with easily some of the best dialogue we've seen on the platform.

A Marriage of Winning TBS and High Fantasy Parody!

-Touch Arcade


Highborn has been steady rising in the various iStore charts. It is in the 70's for Top Paid App, 40's for Top Paid Game, and holding steady at #8 Strategy Game. I even expect those numbers to go up as more reviews are published. We are submitting our first patch today and I just got done filming a video podcast that talks about things we are working on for the game. I have a Developer Diary that will go up with that as well as soon as Sarah proof reads it for me.

Oh and I just found out that Highborn is TUAW's Daily App today while everybody is reading about the iPhone 4G! Score!

Joseph, you've just put out a really good iPhone game. Now what are you going to do?

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND! Anybody know of any good augmented reality iPhone apps for Disneyland?

No comments: