Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dear THQ

April 02, 2008
Dear Joseph,

We are complimented by your recent application for the Senior Designer (23684) position with THQ. Although we are impressed by your skills, we are unable to offer you an interview at this time. This job has been filled by another candidate who more closely meets the position requirements.

Your resume is on file with us for future consideration. Should an applicable position come available, you will be contacted.

Your interest in our company is greatly appreciated. Please accept our best wishes for your future successes.

Sincerely,
Recruiting Department
THQ
Dear THQ,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding my application for the Senior Designer (23684) position at your company; though I have to take issue with your use of the word "recent". Although I was impressed enough with your company to send you an application, I much less so now. That fact that it has taken you over four months to respond to a serious application for a position of this level leads me to believe that I would not find success in working for you.

Please accept my best wishes that you develop better business practices in the future.

P.S. I got a promotion today. I am now the Lead Game Designer of my current project. Please send Amazon.com gift certificates in lieu of congratulations.

Sincerely,
Joseph B. Hewitt IV
Lead Game Designer
Interzone Games - Perth

No comments: