Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Princess is in Another Castle

Alright, now I have to figure out what I did to turn on the feature that publishes my blog on my Facebook page. I think there is a way to just get it to post a notification that I have published a new blog entry, without it posting the whole blog entry. The reason is that I have noticed a drop in the numbers of people visiting the blog which is probably because a good number of my readers are also my friends on Facebook. Also people are commenting on the Facebook posting instead of the blog itself which can mean two different comment chains.

On a related note, I saw the Google Wave presentation video and can't wait for that to come out. I've been trying to tell people about it, but nobody seems interested enough to watch the video.

I know I have said it before, but I should also get around to moving the blog over to the new blogger templates. Can they even be called the "new" templates anymore? It has been awhile since they upgraded the system. Lots of new features though and I am sure that the Google Wave thing will require the new stuff to work on the blog.

I have also been wondering if I publish negative things and complain too much on my blog. I do rave about some of the things I like, but I don't think I do it often enough. I am going to make more of an effort to do so.

Actually, what I really need to do is start seriously playing games again. I took a forced break when I moved from Australia and I had to wait till my stuff arrived. But even then I didn't really start playing anything. I think it is a matter of this not being my house, I don't have my gaming computer set up and the TV here is pretty old and wouldn't handle the PS3 very well. Been playing some browser games, but nothing overly exciting. I am getting pretty itching to raid something, fight off a hoard of zombies, or save a princess. Jones'ing to actually get back to making games as well, two promising irons in the fire at the moment, keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

The video is an hour and 20 minutes long - I'm excited about Wave, but I couldn't deal with watching the video ;)

I will say this about the PS3 - I have (for mostly unknown reasons) ended up with all 3 current generation consoles. The Wii gets used for those rare occasions I have my non-gamer friends over. My PS3 has maybe 15 hours of use on it, but has proven to be a fantastic paper weight.

My Xbox 360 gets used for gaming a number of times a week, I use it to stream video from Media Center over my home network, I use it to stream Netflix, and I play a lot of multiplayer with friends scattered around the globe.

Without meaning to sound like a fanboi, I'd recommend them in this order: Xbox (since, let's face it, you're a gamer) followed by the Wii (which has some interesting titles in the mountain of crap games) followed by the PS3, which is easily the most powerful machine of the three, but proves once again that Sony hates it's customers.

Joseph B. Hewitt IV said...

I used to buy every console system that came out. My problem was that I moved to Australia with my XBox, PS2 and Game Cube. But I had to have friends in the U.S. buy the games for me and ship them because Australia is region 4 and my systems, being the the U.S. were region 1.

I didn't buy any of the latest generation because I knew if I bought them in Australia, something would happen and I would find myself back in the U.S. If I bought them from the U.S. I would be in the same boat.

Eventually, while in San Diego, demoing something for Sony Online I bought a PS3. I felt that the little I was able to play current generation console games on other people's systems wasn't enough and I was losing my gamer street cred. The thing is that was right before I moved back to the U.S. and although I have a handful of games, I have NEVER even hooked it up.

The TV in the house here is really old with a crappy picture. It is even situation way up above and to the side of the fireplace which would make it hard to game on.

Personally, of all the systems, the XBox has always been my favorite. I only bought the PS3 instead of the 360; because, there was a chance we would be doing some developing on it. I am also a big fanboy of Nintendo 1st party titles such as, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.